Something Old Is New Again

 It's July, ya'll!!  Tomorrow is July 4th, so Happy Independence Day!

It's time to get my act together, so I started by playing with color.  July is National Share-A-Sunset month, so I wanted to start designing a card around that theme.  But where to start?  I tried working from scratch... didn't like the result, it just seemed too "flat".  It's OK, just not what I was going for, so looked for other ideas.


Yeah, the grid paper behind it gets messy.  

Next up, use existing designer paper.  It's already done, right?!  Still not what I wanted. (yes, I am just THAT picky sometimes)

Let's look at some retired paper.  Hmmmm.  I had some old Butterfly Bijou dsp, and it seemed to have a lot of the colors I was looking for.  But maybe not exactly what I wanted.  So time to break out some inks and blending brushes.


Now this is the "B-side" of some pretty butterfly paper, and often gets overlooked or used as background color.  I wanted it to be the star!   You saw in the previous picture all that messy background grid paper?  That was a big clue where I am heading with all this.  I wanted to focus on sunsets, so I pulled colors from the paper and added a few accents. 


In keeping with the something old and something new, I pulled 2 current In-Colors (Orchid Oasis and Starry Sky), and a recently retired Mango Melody.  Misty Moonlight was an alternative.  Time to ink up those blending brushes.  I decided to just highlight the existing colors first, and then added the darker accents.  I love the results!!


What do you think?!  I can't wait to design a Share-a-Sunset card with my classes this month!  And the best part is that each one will be special and unique.

Happy Crafting!!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy New Year!

"Thanks" for stopping by!

Try something new!!